As we sat in Fast and Testimony Meeting yesterday, I realized I’d forgotten to tell Ian that he was giving the talk in Primary.
As I told him of his talk, he immediately sat forward on the pew and asked if I would help him, which I assured him I would. But, even after I reassured him, he maintained this spring-loaded posture which told me that he thought he was going to get up and give his talk now. I reminded him that he wasn’t speaking until Primary, after Sacrament Meeting. It didn’t make a difference. He still continued to look as though the pulpit was reeling him in. He wore an eager attentive look and sat right at the edge of the pew. I felt quietly prompted that Ian wanted to give his testimony like everyone else going to the pulpit and so I asked if he wanted to go up. He said yes; and so I, wanting to make certain he knew the point of speaking from the pulpit during a worship service, asked what he wanted to say.
“I am a child of God,” he whispered, taking his eyes off the pulpit for just a moment.
The warmth of the Holy Spirit washed over me so strongly that I immediately dissolved into tears. At that moment, I knew that Ian KNOWS he is a son of God. He knows that God is real and not just a pleasant story John and I keep telling him.
Once the boy got to the pulpit he did need a little reminding of what he intended to say. But oh, it is an incredible feeling to know that my child has the beginnings of a relationship with God all his own.

Ian did a great job. He looked so brave.
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog. I hope you don't mind that I added it to our list?
ReplyDeleteAhhhhhhh!
ReplyDeleteWe really enjoyed his testimony! He did great!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! Thanks for sharing. It brought a tear to my eye. I love when you can see children's testimonies growing.
ReplyDelete