07 August 2009

Friday Night with the Fam.

Friday night is THE best time to take in a St. Paul museum. 

John and I took the children to the Minnesota Science Museum after work today.  Enough people were there to make it fun and interesting, but the crowd was sparse enough to allow us to get to EVERYTHING we wanted and stay at the exhibits for as long as we wanted.  Really great. 

My body has 14 pints of blood in it.  Airstreams can make a ball float within them even at nearly horizontal angles.  Microscopes are too cool.  Alaskan Brown Bears have claws longer than my fingers, and should not be hunted for sport.  Soil erosion demonstrations are strangely entrancing.  And, the Irish Festival across the river from the Museum looks like something John and I should do for a date night. 

Strangely enough, museums are exponentially more fun if we're not constantly forced to curb our children's tendency to shove past other patrons, hog exhibits, and run off.  The children had enough room to move about freely and took a lot of enjoyment showing John and I things they were excited about. 

We had a really great time. 

I LOVE family outings that don't end in tears, frustration and bloodshed. 

3 comments:

  1. Did you guys see the Titanic exhibit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not this time, John & I might do that for a date night. The Dead Sea Scrolls are coming next year. That I'd like to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to have you have found me after all these years! I too love it when family outings don't end in tears, frustration and bloodshed. Look, we both have three girls and one boy! Fun! Where are you guys now?

    ReplyDelete