12 August 2010

Too Fast

Tuesday night after they'd all gone to bed I noticed this decorative arrangement on our piano.  I was struck by the thought that I should savor the moment.  When else in my life am I going to have Happy toy dinosaurs flanking a library book in my living room?

The culprit was Kay - who, when she confessed, wondered why on earth I'd taken a photo of it and not just immediately called her out of bed to clean it up.  I couldn't admit that I just wanted to hold on to a cute childhood moment. 

She's turning nine years old in a couple of weeks.  Before I know it, she won't want Happy toys anymore.  With the next breath, I realized we only have five years until Tara starts college.  It'll be the same year Ian is ordained.  Only five years until they start leaving.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.

1 comment:

  1. Anna, it's true! I've had the same scary thoughts lately...like how with Nolan, we are in a lot of ways done raising a child but are now raising somebody's husband and somebody's father. It's humbling to say the least. Miss you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete